Peace, Joy & Love
Tis’ the season to spread holiday joy! Each year our families break out the old ornaments and enjoy the many traditions, new and old. Growing up my family always held great significance in the ornaments on the tree. Each one defined something we had accomplished at some point in our life. Memories are shared and laughter heard as we decorate the tree.
Tis’ the inspiration for this holiday card. Using words that make up my tree I made this fun way to represent what Christmas means to me! I hope you enjoy making this holiday card and sharing your Christmas magic with someone special!
RR Merry & Bright Font
(You can purchase this font in the Silhouette Store)
Red heavy weight cardstock – 5”x7”
Tree pattern paper - 4.5”x6.5”
Black medium weight cardstock
Glitter paper (for the star)
Bronze Silhouette pen
Glue and foam squares
Black ink (for distressing)
1. Cut out red cardstock and pattern paper. Next download the RR Merry & Bright font from the Silhouette or Digi Playground store. Choose the words that signify your Christmas and draw them with your Silhouette Machine using the Bronze Drawing Pen.
2. Glue patterned paper to red cardstock and distress the edges with black ink
3. Cut out your words and put them in order smallest to biggest, top to bottom (to make the shape of a tree). Using Foam squares glue them to the card.
4. Cut out star from Silver Glitter Paper and using foam squares glue to the card.
5. Write a Christmas note to someone you love and spread your Christmas joy!
Thank you for joining us for this tutorial! I hope your memories of Christmas warm your heart as you make this for someone you love!