Friday, October 17, 2014

By the Pricking of my Thumbs Shadow Box Tutorial


I am so excited about my new Wicked Ways font that I decided to have some more Halloween fun! Below you will find my tutorial for the “By the Pricking of My Thumbs’ shadow box!
Supplies Needed
-       Shadow Box of choice
-       Cardstock or Vinyl for lettering
-       Silhouette Machine
-       “By the pricking of my thumbs” quote by Rivka’s Renditions (you can purchase this shape HERE)
-       Clear Glue (if using cardstock) or Transfer paper (if using Vinyl)
-       Hay for Shadow Box

Step 1: Download ‘By the pricking of thumbs’ quote by Rivka’s Renditions. You can purchase this shape from my SilhouetteDesign Store.

Step 2: Open the shape in your Silhouette Studio and size it to fit your frame. Set up your silhouette with paper/vinyl and cut out the quote. I chose to use 2 different colors to give it some more dimension and flare.

Step 3:  Make sure the glass of your shadow box is clean.

Step 4a: If using Cardstock pull up the negative space from cutting out the quote and place it on the glass where you will want the quote. This is a great ‘Trick-or-Treat’ for those using paper. Use the negative space as a template to place your letters so that they are evenly spaced and lined up!
**Make sure to use a CLEAR glue so that you don’t end up with color streaks on the glass.

Step 4b: If using Vinyl, take your Transfer Paper and pick up the vinyl lettering. I love Transfer Paper because it makes it so easy to line up your lettering just right!

Step 5: Fill your shadow box with the background of choice. In this project I chose to use some fake hay from the craft store.

And voila! You have your own Halloween shadow box! I hope you have as much fun with this project as I did. Don’t forget to check out my other Halloween tutorials HERE!

Thanks for joining me in the Spooky Fun!

ShareThis